Friday, November 28, 2008

Clinton Portis vs. Larry Johnson for $1600

I am currently tied for 1st place in this weeks etopps Pigskin Challenge. BamaEric33 and I each had Westbrook, McNabb and Romo on Thursday. On Sunday I have Clinton Portis and he has Larry Johnson. I actually like LJ much better in this weeks game but I used him in an ealier week and you can only use each card 1 time. The prize for this week is a case of 2008 Bowman Sterling Football cards which is currently selling for over $1600 on ebay. Second place is a Lawrence Taylor Autographed Mini Helmet which is a big dropoff from 1st to 2nd place. There are other teams that could potentially catch us on Sunday but they will need a player to match Westbrook's 4 TD performance and also match the great games that Romo and McNabb had. For those of you that are not in the Pigskin Challenge at etopps it is not too late to join. You can still compete for the weekly prizes and it is FREE to join. You just have to own the cards of the 4 players you play each week on the day the lineups freeze. Once your lineup is frozen for the week you can sell your cards or trade them for cards for the following week. I still think newcomers have a big advantage in the last few weekly prizes because most of the players that been in all year have already used up their good cards and you can only use each card once during the season.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi etoppsfan,

Well, I was biting my nails for this one. I'm glad the LJ had the better game, even if it was 10 points.

Have you received an email from eTopps about the prize?

BamaEric33

etoppsfan said...

Hi, Congrats on winning. I expect we will hear from etopps regarding the prizes at the end of January. I won big prizes in Baseball and Basketball and what they do is first send you an affidavit to fill out. Once you get that notarized and return it to etopps they will send you your case by UPS. Are you going to play in the Basketball Challenge?