Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday Night Boxing Mis-Match

Are you kidding me? Tonight on internet pay per view you can order the big boxing match between Jose Canseco and Danny "Partridge" Bonaduce. I hate to admit it but for many years Jose Canseco was my idol. When I was living in Boston I tried to go to as many Red Sox vs. A's games just to watch Canseco and Mark McGwire take batting practice. I followed Canseco when he was still in the minor leagues and when he appeared on his first baseball card I bought 100 of them for $90. Several years later when he became the first player in Major League history to hit 40 homers and steal 40 bases in the same season I sold the 100 cards for$5,000. Man, I can't believe how far he has fallen. After blowing the $45+ million he earned as a player he is forced to turn to boxing as a way to make an income. His first fight didn't go so well. He only lasted 90 seconds against former Eagle punt returner Vai Sikahema. I guess to keep Canseco's boxing career going he needed to find an opponent that he can win against this time. So the 6'4" 260 pound Canseco will take on 5'6" 180 pound Danny Bonaduce. Canseco better watch out. Unlike Canseco, Bonaduce won his previous boxing match. He beat up on Barry Williams who played Greg Brady on the Brady Bunch a few years back.

No comments: